Am I Being Abused
By Amanda Kippert, January 20, 2021, domesticshelters.org
Do Women Get as Much Compassion as Animals?
Flannery, Shelley, December 30, 2020, domesticshelters.org
What Is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
By Amanda Kippert, February 3, 2021, domesticshelters.org
Packing Your Bags
Feb 17, 2016 By DomesticShelters.org
- One in 4 women and one in 7 men will experience domestic violence at some point in their lifetimes.
- Women are more likely to be killed by an intimate partner than men.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women – more than car accidents, muggings and rapes combined.
- Survivors of domestic violence face high rates of depression, sleep disturbances, anxiety, flashbacks and other emotional distress.
- Without help, boys who witness domestic violence are far more likely to become abusers of their partners and/or children as adults, continuing the cycle of violence into the next generation.
- Domestic violence costs more than $37 billion a year in law enforcement involvement, legal work, medical and mental health treatment, and lost productivity at companies.
Illinois Census – Domestic Violence Counts
We help connect clients with other community agencies such as Catholic Charities, FOCUS Support Groups, PADS, Food Banks, HUD, and others.
Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence
DuPage County Health Department
DuPage County PADS
National Network to End Domestic Violence